$0Waived first year
- Earn 1% cash back on all your purchases. Pay on time to boost your cash back to a total of 1.25% for that month
- There’s no limit to the amount of cash back you can earn, and rewards don't expire
- Get access to a higher credit line after making your first 5 monthly payments on time
- Pay no annual or foreign transaction fees
- Fraud coverage if your card is lost or stolen
- Pick the monthly due date that works best for you
APR: 20.74% Variable APR
Cash Advance APR: 20.74%, Variable
- Qualify with average credit
- High rewards rate
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fee
- High APR
Earn 1% cash back on all your purchases. Pay on time to boost your cash back to a total of 1.25% for that month
With the Journey® Student Rewards from Capital One®, you can build credit while earning more rewards for punctual payments. You’ll get 1% cash back on all purchases, with an extra 0.25% for paying on time -- that's 1.25% cash back in total. Keep it up for five months in a row, and you may also get a credit line increase.
Designed for those with average credit, the Journey® Student Rewards from Capital One® may not be the best pick if you have a high credit score and more options. But if you’re just getting started, it may be the perfect fit.
For more information, read our full editorial review.
NerdWallet reviews are the result of independent research by our editorial team while cardholder reviews are contributions from independent users not affiliated with NerdWallet. Banks, issuers and credit card companies are not responsible for any content posted on the NerdWallet site, nor do they endorse or guarantee any posted comments or reviews.