Pamela de la Fuente is an assigning editor on NerdWallet's investing and taxes team. She has been a writer and editor for more than 20 years. Her team covers retirement, stocks, funds and other general investing topics.
Pamela joined NerdWallet after working at companies including Hallmark Cards, Sprint and The Kansas City Star.
She is a thought leader in content diversity, equity and inclusion, and finds ways to make every piece of content conversational and accessible to all. In her role at Hallmark, after working as a senior editor on the Mahogany card line, Pamela was promoted to editorial director, and tasked with making the company's flagship card lineup more inclusive for more consumers.
She is a two-time winner of the Kansas City Association of Black Journalists' President's Award for her editing and page design work. Pamela is a firm believer in financial education and closing the generational wealth gap. She is also a founding co-chair of NerdWallet's Nerds of Color employee resource group.
She got into journalism to tell the kind of stories that change the world, in big and small ways. In her work at NerdWallet, she aims to do just that.
- Education: B.A. in Journalism from Michigan State University
- Credentials: Essential Skills for Rising Newsroom Leaders, The Poynter Institute, Lead With Influence, The Poynter Institute
- Awards: Diversity Fellow: Society for Features Journalism, President's Award: Kansas City Association of Black Journalists, Best Home or Real Estate Section: National Association of Real Estate Editors
- Organizations: Kansas City Association of Black Journalists
- Previous experience: Editorial director, Hallmark Cards, Communications manager, Sprint Corp., Assistant news editor, The Kansas City Star
Pamela has also nerded out in...
Quotes and interviews
Motherly.com. The verdict is in, but it doesn’t change my reality.