Pamela de la Fuente is the assigning editor on NerdWallet's taxes vertical. Her team covers tax brackets and rates, income tax filing and tax-advantaged retirement accounts, among other topics. She has been a writer and editor for more than 20 years.
Pamela joined NerdWallet after working at companies including Hallmark Cards, Sprint Corp. and The Kansas City Star.
She is a thought leader in content diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging, and finds ways to make every piece of content conversational and accessible to all. (Everybody needs to understand taxes after all, right?)
She was a presenter at the National Association of Black Journalists 2023 and is a two-time winner of the Kansas City Association of Black Journalists' President's Award. She is also a founding co-chair of NerdWallet's Nerds of Color employee resource group.
Pamela is a firm believer in financial education and closing the generational wealth gap. She got into journalism to tell the kind of stories that change the world, in big and small ways. In her work at NerdWallet, she aims to do just that.
- Education: B.A. in Journalism from Michigan State University
- Credentials: Essential Skills for Rising Newsroom Leaders, The Poynter Institute, Lead With Influence, The Poynter Institute
- Awards: Diversity Fellow: Society for Features Journalism, President's Award: Kansas City Association of Black Journalists, Best Home or Real Estate Section: National Association of Real Estate Editors
- Organizations: National Association of Black Journalists, Kansas City Association of Black Journalists
- Previous experience: Editorial director, Hallmark Cards, Communications manager, Sprint Corp., Assistant news editor, The Kansas City Star
Pamela has also nerded out in...
Quotes and interviews
Motherly.com. The verdict is in, but it doesn’t change my reality.