- Limited Time Offer: Earn 100,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 in purchases on the Card within your first 3 months. Offer Ends 5/31/17.
- Earn a free weekend night on your anniversary date of Card approval. Some hotels may have mandatory services and resort charges. Terms Apply.
- Earn 12X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged on your Card directly with a participating hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio.
- Earn 6X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, and U.S. gas stations.
- Earn 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card. Terms and limitations apply.
- As a Hilton Honors™ Surpass® Card Member you'll receive Hilton Honors Gold status.
- Spend $40,000 on eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year and you can earn Hilton Honors Diamond status through the end of the next calendar year.
- Terms Apply.
- View Rates and Fees
APR: 15.99% - 19.99% Variable APR
Penalty APR: Up to 29.99%, Variable
Cash Advance APR: 25.99%, Variable
The rewards offered by the Hilton Honors™ Surpass® Card from American Express — 12 Hilton HHonors points per $1 spent at Hilton hotels, 6 points per $1 at restaurants, supermarkets and gas stations, and 3 points per $1 elsewhere — are eye-popping.
But NerdWallet estimates that Hilton points are worth an average of 0.5 cents each, about half the typical value of points in other loyalty programs. That translates into an effective rewards rate of 6% at Hilton hotels, 3% at supermarkets, restaurants and gas stations, and 1.5% elsewhere — still pretty good, especially among gas credit cards.
You get the most value for your points when you use them at lower-tier Hilton hotels during peak season. If you're confident that you can use all of your points at hotels in the Hilton portfolio, then assume a greater value per point than NerdWallet's estimate. If you never stay at these hotels, though, assume a lower value. See our review of the Hilton HHonors program here.
The card has an annual fee of $75.
NerdWallet reviews are the result of independent research by our editorial team while cardholder reviews are contributions from independent users not affiliated with NerdWallet. Banks, issuers and credit card companies are not responsible for any content posted on the NerdWallet site, nor do they endorse or guarantee any posted comments or reviews.