The American Express app for iOS and Android devices offers a seamless way to manage your account. You can log in with a username and password or Touch ID, Face ID and Fingerprint recognition, depending on your device.
Once you’re logged in, the app’s dashboard displays five different sections — your total balance, your statements, membership options, American Express offers and your account profile — all of which help you stay on top of your account.
Here are some key functions that you can perform on AmEx’s mobile app:
- Watch your balance and make payments. The app displays your balance, transaction history and allows in-app payments.
- Review your rewards balance and redemption options. You can track the rewards you’ve earned and shop your redemption options.
- Set up push notifications. Set up fraud protection, payment due date reminders, purchase alerts and deal alerts to stay on top of your account.
- Access membership offers and information. The app facilitates booking travel, purchasing tickets and exploring your card’s benefits.
- Check your spending power. You can enter the amount of a purchase to determine its likelihood of approval. This tool is especially useful for American Express Charge Cardholders that don’t have preset spending limits or credit cardholders that might make a purchase that temporarily exceeds their credit limit.
- Use the Pay It, Plan It feature. Eligible cardholders can use the Pay It feature to pay off small purchases as soon as they post to their account. The Plan It feature allows cardholders to pay down purchases over $100 with an installment plan that charges a fixed monthly fee instead of interest.
- Save with Amex offers. The app allows you to access limited-time discounts with select merchants in your area. You can also add money-saving travel offers to eligible AmEx cards.
- Freeze your credit card. If you can’t find your card, you can tap a few buttons and freeze it until it turns up.
- Get a free FICO score summary. Stay on top of your Experian FICO score with the app. You can track your progress with an overview, a line graph and an explanation of key factors impacting your score.
- Message customer service. If you have a question, you don’t have to make a phone call — unless you want to. You can message customer service representatives in-app.
With all of these functions, this app holds strong ratings on app stores for both devices and J.D. Power’s 2019 Credit Card Mobile App Satisfaction Study.
Ranked second — J.D. Power 2019 U.S. Credit Card Mobile App Satisfaction Study
4.9 / 5 — Apple’s App Store (rating as of July 2019)
4.3 / 5 — Google Play Store (rating as of July 2019)