For a limited time, eligible American Express cardholders can bargain-hunt on Walmart.com and earn bonus rewards without having to leave the house.
If you have an eligible American Express consumer credit card enrolled in the Membership Rewards program, you can earn 2 additional Membership Rewards points (for a total of 3 points) per $1 spent when you use AmEx Express Checkout on Walmart’s app or website. The offer ends on Aug. 30, 2018. During this period, you can earn up to 2,500 additional points. Other terms apply.
For example, if you have the The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express or The Platinum Card® from American Express, you can earn 1 point per $1 spent at Walmart.com and an additional 2 points per $1 spent with this promotion. Terms Apply.
In another new but separate development, you can now use Membership Rewards points toward purchases at Walmart, too. Just know that if you’re getting less than 1 cent per point for your Membership Rewards this way, you’re likely missing out on value.
The AmEx Express Checkout service shortens your checkout time when shopping with select merchants. It eliminates the need to add your payment, shipping and billing details every time you make a transaction. The service uses tokenization, instead of requiring you to share your actual card number with merchants.
To use AmEx Express Checkout on Walmart’s website, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Walmart account.
- Choose the items you want to purchase and initiate the checkout process.
- Select the shipping or pickup option.
- When you get to the “enter payment method” step, click the “+ More” option and select AmEx Express Checkout.
- Log in to AmEx Express Checkout with your normal AmEx account login information.
- Verify your login information with a security code.
- Click on “place order” to complete the transaction