This card at a glance
- Sign Up Bonus$200 statement credit after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 3 months. Terms Apply.
- Rewards Rate1.0%
- Annual Fee$95
- Recommended Credit Score
What our experts think
Rates, fees & offers
6% at U.S supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%); 3% at U.S gas stations and at select U.S. department stores; 1% other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
$200 statement credit after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 3 months. Terms Apply.
0% on Purchases and Balance Transfers for 12 months
APR: 13.99% - 24.99% Variable APR
Penalty APR: 29.99%, Variable
Cash Advance APR: 26.24%, Variable
- $200 statement credit after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 3 months.
- 6% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%) – that means spending $60 a week at U.S. supermarkets could earn over $180 back per year.
- 3% cash back at U.S. gas stations and at select U.S. department stores, 1% back on other purchases.
- Low intro APR: 0% for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable rate, currently 13.99% to 24.99%.
- Expanding merchant acceptance: Over 1 million more places in the U.S. started accepting American Express® Cards in the last year.
- $95 annual fee.
- Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be easily redeemed for statement credits, gift cards, and merchandise.
- Terms Apply.
- View Rates and Fees
Disclaimer: Any editorial content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through the American Express Affiliate Program.
NerdWallet reviews are the result of independent research by our editorial team while cardholder reviews are contributions from independent users not affiliated with NerdWallet. Banks, issuers and credit card companies are not responsible for any content posted on the NerdWallet site, nor do they endorse or guarantee any posted comments or reviews.