- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
APR: 17.49% - 24.49% Variable APR
Cash Advance APR: 26.49%, Variable
- A large bonus
- No foreign transaction fee
- Cool factor - metal card
- Earn more points on travel and dining at restaurants
- Premium travel protection benefits
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, after that $95 per year
Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
1 point per dollar
$0 for the first year, then $95
Not sure which card is best for you?
Disclaimer: Any editorial content is not provided or commissioned by Chase Bank USA, N.A. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of Chase Bank USA, N.A, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Chase Bank USA, N.A. "Sponsored" above means this site may be compensated through the Chase Bank USA, N.A Affiliate Program.
HEAR IT FROM NERDS WHO CARRY THE CARD
NerdWallet team members who carry Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card love the great sign-up bonus and flexible rewards program:
One of our favorite travel cards on the market, the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants and 1 point on every $1 spent on everything else. It also has a signup bonus worth telling your friends about: Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Want more? Add an authorized user and make a purchase within the first three months for an extra 5,000 points.
Points are best used for travel — either through the Chase Ultimate Rewards site at a rate of 1.25 cents per point, or transferred to one of Chase's travel partner programs at a rate of 1.25 to 5 cents per point.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card has an $0 for the first year, then $95, and no foreign transaction fees.
For more information, check out the full review of the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card.
NerdWallet reviews are the result of independent research by our editorial team while cardholder reviews are contributions from independent users not affiliated with NerdWallet. Banks, issuers and credit card companies are not responsible for any content posted on the NerdWallet site, nor do they endorse or guarantee any posted comments or reviews.