- Enjoy 0% Intro APR for 7 months on purchases from date of account opening; after that the variable APR will be 16.24% - 26.24% based upon your creditworthiness*
- Earn 2,500 bonus points after spending $500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- 2,500 ThankYou® Points are redeemable for $25 in gift cards, electronics and other great rewards when redeemed at thankyou.com
- Earn 2X Points on Dining Out & Entertainment
- Earn 1X Points on All Other Purchases
- No expiration and no limit to the amount of points you can earn with this card
- No annual fee*
APR: 16.24% - 26.24% Variable APR
Penalty APR: Up to 29.99%, Variable
Cash Advance APR: 26.99%, Variable
Students who are credit newbies will find the Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card for College Students exposes them to common credit card features they'll need to learn about: It has an annual fee of $0. It has a rewards program that pays you 2 ThankYou points per dollar spent on dining, including fast food and bars, and entertainment, including concerts and movies. It pays you 1 point for all other spending. It offers a sign-up bonus: Earn 2,500 bonus points after spending $500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening And its annual percentage rate isn’t as punishing as the interest rates on many cards for people with limited credit history: 0% on Purchases for 7 months, and then the ongoing APR of 16.24% - 26.24% Variable APR.
You can redeem ThankYou points for cash, merchandise, gift cards, travel and more. You can also pay with points at Amazon.com.
One drawback of this card for students who may be studying abroad is the 3% foreign transaction fee.
For more information, check out the full review of the Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card for College Students.
NerdWallet reviews are the result of independent research by our editorial team while cardholder reviews are contributions from independent users not affiliated with NerdWallet. Banks, issuers and credit card companies are not responsible for any content posted on the NerdWallet site, nor do they endorse or guarantee any posted comments or reviews.