Citi Simplicity® Card
- 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 18 months. After that, the variable APR will be 12.99% - 22.99% based on your creditworthiness.
- There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
- No late fees - Ever
- No penalty rate - Ever
- No annual fee - Ever
- Save time when you call with fast, personal help, 24 hours a day.
The Citibank Simplicity credit card is quite possibly the best credit card out there for anyone carrying a balance on higher-rate credit cards, or simply trying to avoid interest charges in the near term. As its name implies, this credit card eliminates many of the hassles inherent in dealing with credit card balances, so you can breathe a bit easier while taking care of business.
This card offers a handful of features that are extremely rare outside of Citibank's stable, and there is no other card that we know of that offers the same combination of money-saving, stress-relieving perks. Here are four features that really set this card apart:
- No Late Fees: Too many bank credit cards will try to charge the maximum legal late fee ($35) for even the slightest oversight, and only credit union cards ever seem waive these fees or charge less than the maximum. The Simplicity, however, has managed to do away with this practice, so if you slip up on one of your payments, you own't get hit with a damaging fee.
- No Penalty APRs: The only thing that might hurt worse than a $35 late fee is the sky-high APR that most banks will start charging you on purchases in the event that you miss a payment. Most of the time, these rates are as high as 29.99%, and they can charge them indefinitely, which is quite a high price to pay. Citibank is also doing away with this practice and promising not to penalize late payments, which is more akin to a consumer-friendly credit union card than your typical big scary bank.
Cardholder ReviewsPosting guidelines