The Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card is going back to its roots with a name change.a slew of changes rolled out for the AmEx-Hilton credit card portfolio — the card used to be called the Hilton Honors™ Surpass® Card from American Express.
On July 18, 2019, it will revert back to the Surpass name, as the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card.
The key features of the card will remain intact, according to an American Express spokesperson. It will continue to offer cardholders:
- 12X Hilton Honors bonus points for each dollar of eligible purchases made directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio.
- 6X Hilton Honors bonus points for each dollar of eligible purchases made at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets and U.S. gas stations.
- 3X Hilton Honors bonus points for all other eligible purchases.
- An annual fee of $95.
- Earn 125,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points with the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card after you use your new Card to make $2,000 in eligible purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership. Terms Apply.
- Terms apply.
Additional card perks will still include:
- A weekend night reward from Hilton Honors after you spend $15,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and;
- 10 complimentary visits to Priority Pass Select airport lounges each calendar year once enrolled.
- Hilton Honors Diamond status through the end of the next calendar year after spending $40,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year.
There will also be one tweak made to a different Hilton AmEx card. On Aug. 1, Hilton Honors American Express Aspire cardmembers can continue to use their $250 Resort Statement Credit benefit for purchases made with participating resort properties for all rates, except when booking an Advanced Purchase rate. All other Hilton rates remain eligible for the $250 Resort Credit benefit for purchases made with participating resort properties.