» This offer has expired
The offer described in this article has expired. See our full review of the Southwest program for current information.
You can earn up to 2,400 Southwest Rapid Rewards points when you book a rental car with Hertz. To make the deal even better, you also save up to 35% on your rental.
The discount applies to base rates for Hertz car rentals.
To get this limited time offer, book your rental car between now and Jan. 31, 2019, using promotion code 159062 and CDP code 205418.
How many Rapid Rewards points you get depends on how long you rent the car for. Here’s the breakdown:
- One to two-day rental earns 600 points
- Three to six-day rental earns 1,200 points
- A seven+ day rental earns 2,400 points
This discount cannot be combined with other rates. A frequent-flyer surcharge of up to $4 may apply.
» Learn More: Find the best airline credit card for you
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2020, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Which Southwest Airlines credit card should I get?
Southwest Rapid Rewards program: The complete guide
This strategy is how I started earning major travel rewards