For those wanting a nonstop trip to an island getaway, United Airlines can make your wish a reality with nonstop flights from San Francisco to the island of Tahiti.
On Oct. 30, 2018, United launched its first nonstop flight between the locations. It’s the only mainland U.S. carrier that offers the nonstop service, which is available year-round.
Currently, the service is set for Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. Beginning on March 30, 2019, the flight days will be Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. The flight time is between eight and nine hours.
» Learn More: Find the best airline credit card for you
More nonstop flights are in the works
United also announced plans to continue its nonstop summer service to Zurich in 2019. The airline will be offering another service not offered by any other U.S. carrier on March 31, 2019: daily nonstop, year-round flights to Amsterdam.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2020, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards Visa® credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
United Airlines Bag Fees: How They Work, How to Avoid Them
How I flew for free: Round trip NYC to India using Chase Ultimate Rewards
Take a Caribbean vacation for under $1,000. Yes, really.