For those wanting a nonstop trip to an island getaway, United Airlines can make your wish a reality with nonstop flights from San Francisco to the island of Tahiti.
On Oct. 30, 2018, United launched its first nonstop flight between the locations. It’s the only mainland U.S. carrier that offers the nonstop service, which is available year-round.
Currently, the service is set for Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. Beginning on March 30, 2019, the flight days will be Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. The flight time is between eight and nine hours.
More nonstop flights are in the works
United also announced plans to continue its nonstop summer service to Zurich in 2019. The airline will be offering another service not offered by any other U.S. carrier on March 31, 2019: daily nonstop, year-round flights to Amsterdam.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2018, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card (Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®).
- Flat-rate travel rewards: Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card (Earn unlimited 2 miles per dollar on every purchase).
- Premium travel rewards: Chase Sapphire Reserve® (Get 3 points per dollar on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide and 1 point per dollar on all other purchases).
- No annual fee: Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card (Earn unlimited 1.5 points per dollar spent on all purchases, with no annual fee).
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express (Get 5 points per dollar on flights booked directly with airlines or through American Express Travel, plus get access to the Global Lounge Collection). Terms Apply.
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
United Airlines MileagePlus Program: The complete guide
How I flew for free: Round trip NYC to India using Chase Ultimate Rewards
Take a Caribbean vacation for under $1,000. Yes, really.