Hotel credit cards are often only as good as their earning power. That’s what makes World of Hyatt credit card a standout: Cardholders have plenty of options when it comes to earning rewards points. Here are some of our favorites.
1. Sign up, get a bonus
For new cardholders, things get started right when you sign on the dotted line. The current welcome bonus for The World Of Hyatt Credit Card is as follows: Earn up to 50,000 Bonus Points - 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. Earn an additional 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend a total of $6,000 on purchases within the first 6 months of account opening - free nights start at 5,000 points All you need to do is sign-up and start spending smartly.
2. Stay at Hyatt hotels
Love Hyatt hotels? This card will reward you over and over again. The World Of Hyatt Credit Card encourages you to stay — and spend — at Hyatts. You can earn 9 points total per $1 spent at Hyatt hotels. The breakdown: Get 4 bonus points for every $1 spent at Hyatt hotels and 5 base points per $1 spent as a World of Hyatt loyalty member.
3. Mind your status
Hyatt has four member status levels: Member, Discoverist, Explorist and Globalist. Owning The World Of Hyatt Credit Card automatically bumps you to Discoverist level. That auto-enrollment boosts the card’s earning power and makes it easy to keep moving up. You can receive 5 qualifying nights toward the next status each year, and you earn two more night credits every time you spend $5,000 on The World Of Hyatt Credit Card during one calendar year. Cardholders can also enjoy an extra free night after spending $15,000 during the anniversary year.
4. Spend on everyday expenses
Another easy way to rack up reward points with The World Of Hyatt Credit Card is to live your life. Here are ways you can rack up 2 points for every $1 spent with the card:
- Local transit and commuting, like subways, buses and rideshare trips.
- Restaurants, cafes and coffee shops.
- Airline tickets when purchased directly from the airline’s website.
That’s a lot of options, but you can also earn 1 point per $1 spent on everything else.
5. Transfer from other programs
If you have Chase Ultimate Rewards® points earned from a Chase-branded credit card, you can transfer those points to The World Of Hyatt Credit Card. The points transfer at a 1-to-1 ratio, but must be completed in increments of 1,000.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2019, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card