- Earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints® after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Earn 2 Starpoints® for each dollar of eligible purchases spent on the Card at participating SPG® & Marriott Rewards® hotels. Earn 1 Starpoint for all other purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on International purchases.
- Receive free in-room, premium internet access. Booking requirements apply.
- Redeem Starpoints® at over 1,300 participating hotels and resorts in over 100 countries and for flights on more than 150 airlines with SPG flights, all with no blackout dates.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- View Rates and Fees
APR: 15.49% - 19.49% Variable APR
Penalty APR: Up to 29.49%, Variable
Cash Advance APR: 25.49%, Variable
- No foreign transaction fee
- Has annual fee
- Needs excellent credit
- Rewards only valuable if you stay at Starwood properties frequently
Earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints® after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Terms Apply
$0 for the first year, then $95
Recommended credit score
Disclaimer: Any editorial content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through the American Express Affiliate Program.
The Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express is one of the Nerds' favorite hotel cards. It offers up to 5 Starpoints per dollar on purchases at participating SPG hotels, 2 Starpoints per dollar at Marriott Rewards properties, and 1 Starpoint per dollar on all other purchases.
You'll also get a signup bonus: Earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints® after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Terms Apply. But what really sets the Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express apart is its high value per point. The annual fee is $0 for the first year, then $95.
Want more information? Check out our full review of the Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express and our review of the SPG Starpoints program.
NerdWallet reviews are the result of independent research by our editorial team while cardholder reviews are contributions from independent users not affiliated with NerdWallet. Banks, issuers and credit card companies are not responsible for any content posted on the NerdWallet site, nor do they endorse or guarantee any posted comments or reviews.