- Earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints® after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- New: No Foreign Transaction Fees on international purchases.
- New: Receive free in-room, premium internet access. Booking requirements apply.
- New: Enjoy complimentary, unlimited Boingo Wi-Fi on up to four devices at more than 1,000,000 Boingo hotspots worldwide. Enrollment required.
- Earn free nights at over 1,200 hotels and resorts in nearly 100 countries with no blackout dates.
- Some hotels may have mandatory service and resort charges.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms and limitations apply.
- View Rates and Fees
APR: 15.49%-19.49% Variable
Penalty APR: Up to 29.49%, Variable
Cash Advance APR: 25.49%, Variable
- High rewards rate
- No foreign transaction fee
- Has annual fee
- Needs excellent credit
- Rewards only valuable if you stay at Starwood properties frequently
Earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints® after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
$0 for the first year, then $95
Disclaimer: Any editorial content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through the American Express Affiliate Program.
The Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express is one of the Nerds' favorite hotel cards. It offers up to 5 Starpoints per dollar spent at participating SPG locations, and 1 Starpoint on all other purchases, plus a signup bonus: Earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints® after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. But what really sets the Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express apart is its high value per point. The annual fee is $0 for the first year, then $95.
Want more information? Check out our full review of the Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express and our review of the SPG Starpoints program.
NerdWallet reviews are the result of independent research by our editorial team while cardholder reviews are contributions from independent users not affiliated with NerdWallet. Banks, issuers and credit card companies are not responsible for any content posted on the NerdWallet site, nor do they endorse or guarantee any posted comments or reviews.