- Earn 50,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named a 'Best Credit Card' for Travel Rewards by MONEY Magazine
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- Sleek metal card design
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- $0 foreign transaction fees, plus chip-enabled for enhanced security and wider acceptance when used at a chip card reader
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value - that means 1,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points
- Travel confidently with premium Travel Protection Benefits, including Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Trip Delay Reimbursement and more
APR: 16.24%-23.24% Variable
Cash Advance APR: 25.24%, Variable
- A large bonus
- No foreign transaction fee
- Cool factor - metal card
- Rewards redemption bonus through Ultimate Rewards
- Has annual fee
- Best for savvy travelers
Earn 50,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95
Disclaimer: Any editorial content is not provided or commissioned by Chase Bank USA, N.A. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of Chase Bank USA, N.A, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Chase Bank USA, N.A. "Sponsored" above means this site may be compensated through the Chase Bank USA, N.A Affiliate Program.
One of our favorite travel cards on the market, the Chase Sapphire Preferred® offers 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants and 1 point on every $1 spent on everything else. It also has a signup bonus worth telling your friends about: Earn 50,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Want more? Add an authorized user and make a purchase within the first three months for an extra 5,000 points.
Points are best used for travel — either through the Chase Ultimate Rewards site at a rate of 1.25 cents per point, or transferred to one of Chase's travel partner programs at a rate of 1.25 to 5 cents per point.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® has an Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95, and no foreign transaction fees.
For more information, check out the full review of the Chase Sapphire Preferred®.
NerdWallet reviews are the result of independent research by our editorial team while cardholder reviews are contributions from independent users not affiliated with NerdWallet. Banks, issuers and credit card companies are not responsible for any content posted on the NerdWallet site, nor do they endorse or guarantee any posted comments or reviews.