- You could turn $200 into $400 with Cashback Match™. Get a dollar-for-dollar match of all the cash back you’ve earned at the end of your first year, automatically.
- Earn 5% cash back in rotating categories each quarter like gas stations, Amazon.com, restaurants, wholesale clubs and more, up to the quarterly maximum each time you activate. Plus, 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Redeem your cash back for any amount, any time. Cash rewards never expire.
- 100% U.S. based customer service.
- Get your FICO® Credit Score for free on monthly statements, on mobile and online.
- No annual fee.
- Click "APPLY NOW" to see rates, rewards, FICO® Credit Score terms, Cashback Match™ details & other information.
APR: 11.74% - 23.74% Variable APR
Cash Advance APR: 25.74%, Variable
- Bonus cash back categories
- No annual fee
- 0% on Purchases for 6 months and 0% on Balance Transfers for 18 months
- No foreign transaction fee
- Slightly less merchant acceptance for Discover in US - acceptance outside of US can be an issue
- If you value simplicity, a flat rate cash back card may be better
Get a dollar-for-dollar match of all the cash back you've earned at the end of your first year, automatically.
0% on Purchases for 6 months and 0% on Balance Transfers for 18 months
Some of the best balance-transfer credit cards on the market don't offer rewards. The Discover it® - 18 Month Balance Transfer Offer is an exception. Not only does the card offer 0% on Purchases for 6 months and 0% on Balance Transfers for 18 months, and then the ongoing APR of 11.74% - 23.74% Variable APR, but you'll also earn cash back on your spending.
Plus, Discover offers a fantastic sign-up bonus: Get a dollar-for-dollar match of all the cash back you've earned at the end of your first year, automatically. Add to that free access to your FICO score, an online bonus mall where you can earn even more rewards, and a $0 annual fee.
Note that this card charges a 3% fee on each balance transfer. All things considered, however, the Discover it® - 18 Month Balance Transfer Offer provides a package deal for people who want to save on interest while paying off their debt, and get rewards while they're at it. For more information, read our full review.
NerdWallet reviews are the result of independent research by our editorial team while cardholder reviews are contributions from independent users not affiliated with NerdWallet. Banks, issuers and credit card companies are not responsible for any content posted on the NerdWallet site, nor do they endorse or guarantee any posted comments or reviews.