- Get a dollar-for-dollar match of all the cash back you’ve earned at the end of your first year, automatically.
- Earn 5% cash back in rotating categories each quarter like Amazon.com, restaurants, ground transportation and more, up to the quarterly maximum each time you activate.
- Good Grades Rewards: $20 cash back each school year your GPA is 3.0 or higher for up to the next 5 years.
- No annual fee. No late fee on first late payment. No APR change for paying late.
- Get 100% U.S. based customer service & your FICO® Credit Score for free on monthly statements, on mobile and online.
- Freeze It® on/off switch for your account that prevents new purchases, cash advances & balance transfers in seconds.
- 0% intro APR on purchases for 6 months, then the standard variable purchase APR of 13.74% - 22.74%.
- Click "APPLY NOW" to see rates, rewards, FICO® Credit Score terms, Cashback Match™ details & other information.
APR: 13.74% - 22.74% Variable APR
Cash Advance APR: 25.74%, Variable
- Qualify with average credit
- Bonus cash back categories
- No annual fee
- 0% on Purchases for 6 months and 10.99% on Balance Transfers for 6 months
- No foreign transaction fee
Get a dollar-for-dollar match of all the cash back you’ve earned at the end of your first year, automatically.
0% on Purchases for 6 months and 10.99% on Balance Transfers for 6 months
This card gives you 5% cash back in quarterly rotating categories that you activate, on up to $1,500 in spending per quarter, and 1% cash back on all other purchases. Historically, bonus categories have included student-friendly options such as restaurants, movie theaters and Amazon.com purchases.
Other great features include a $20 rewards bonus each year if you maintain a 3.0 GPA, free access to your FICO score, and an annual fee of $0. If you're planning to study abroad, the card has no foreign transaction fees, but Discover's acceptance abroad is fairly limited.
NerdWallet reviews are the result of independent research by our editorial team while cardholder reviews are contributions from independent users not affiliated with NerdWallet. Banks, issuers and credit card companies are not responsible for any content posted on the NerdWallet site, nor do they endorse or guarantee any posted comments or reviews.