Freelancer Taxes: A Guide for Filing With a Side Gig

You'll get more tax paperwork, and you'll likely need to file more forms at tax time. Here's how to stay on top of it all.
Tina OremMar 17, 2021
6 Things That Side Gig Is Probably Going to Do to Your Taxes

Many or all of the products featured here are from our partners who compensate us. This may influence which products we write about and where and how the product appears on a page. However, this does not influence our evaluations. Our opinions are our own. Here is a list of our partners and here's how we make money.

Note: As part of the government's ongoing response to COVID-19, recent legislation provides unemployment benefits, emergency funds, retirement account withdrawals, and loans and relief for the self-employed, including “gig workers.” Read more about what's available . You can also read our , which has answers about , debt relief, changing travel policies and managing your finances.

Picking up a side gig or becoming your own boss full-time can change a lot in your life, including your taxes. If you did any freelance or independent contract work last year, here's a guide to help you understand some of the major to-dos in managing your taxes.

On a similar note...
Dive even deeper in Taxes