When you fly frequently and are loyal to one airline, you need a credit card that helps you earn miles for upgrades and free tickets. Here’s what you need to know about the perks of the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express.
» Learn More: Find the best airline credit card for you
1. You’ll get a free checked bag on every flight
The first checked bag fee on Delta is $30. The Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express can save a family of four up to $240 per round trip. Plus, you get priority boarding, whether or not you are traveling with small children. You have to pay for your flights with the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express to qualify. Terms Apply.
2. You can purchase part of a ticket
Delta established a program with American Express for cardholders to pay for part of their tickets with miles. Through the Pay With Miles program, you can get $50 off your flight for every 5,000 miles you redeem. Terms Apply. Always make sure you compare the cost of redemption with the cost of buying tickets. For instance, it may not be worth redeeming 15,000 miles for $150 off a ticket when you’re saving up for a first-class upgrade.
3. You can earn miles quickly for rewards redemption
When you’re a Delta frequent traveler, getting 2 miles for every $1 spent on Delta purchases adds up. And cardholders earn 1 mile for every eligible $1 spent on non-Delta purchases. Terms Apply.
4. You’ll get a big welcome bonus
Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within your first 3 months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Terms Apply.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2020, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards Visa® credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Landing the best airfare Is a matter of timing
How to snag credit card rewards flights in peak season
This strategy is how I started earning major travel rewards