Capital One announced on Dec. 10, 2018, that cardholders can start transferring their Venture miles to 14 travel loyalty programs. This travel rewards benefit was first announced in November 2018, but Capital One added two new airlines to its rewards transfer partner program when it rolled it out: Emirates and Singapore Airlines.
»Learn More: How to get started with frequent flyer programs
The addition of these 14 travel loyalty program transfer partners give more mileage flexibility to travelers, who can now choose to use their points as cash back, or put them directly toward flights with their favorite airlines. Because all three airline alliances are represented, it’s possible to apply airline miles to both domestic and international award flights — but your mileage may vary based on how you use them.
Miles can be transferred to the original 12 airlines at a rate of 2 Venture miles to 1.5 airline miles, and cardholders can earn up to 1.5 airline miles on every dollar they spend with their Venture card. Venture customers will continue to be able to redeem their miles with no blackout dates on all travel purchases (flights, hotels, rental cars, cruises, etc.).
» Learn more: Here’s how much your points and miles are worth
But for Emirates (Emirates Skywards) and Singapore Airlines (KrisFlyer), Venture miles can be transferred at a rate of 2 Venture miles to 1 airline mile.
The 14 loyalty program transfer partners are:
- Aeromexico Club Premier
- Air Canada Aeroplan
- Air France/KLM Flying Blue
- Alitalia MilleMiglia
- Avianca LifeMiles
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
- Etihad Airways Guest
- EVA Air Infinity MileageLands
- Finnair Plus
- Hainan Airlines Fortune Wings Club
- Qantas Frequent Flyer
- Qatar Airways Privilege Club
- Singapore Airlines
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2020, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Cheap things to Do in any city
Find the best travel credit card for your needs. Start earning points and miles now.
Landing the best airfare is a matter of timing