Do you have an The Platinum Card® from American Express? If so, there’s a top-shelf cocktail, premium snacks and a comfortable lounge with free Wi-Fi and other luxuries waiting for you at any of nine airports.
Centurion Lounges are part of a network of more than 1,200 lounges across the globe available to cardholders of The Platinum Card® from American Express.
The network includes Delta Sky Club and Priority Pass Select lounges, but the Centurion Lounges just might be the swankiest. They include custom drinks created by a nationally renowned mixologist, a member services desk that can help with your travel plans, semi-private workspaces and, in some locations, shower suites, a spa and even a wine-tasting area.
» Learn more: 5 reasons you should be using airport lounges
Centurion Lounge access is exclusively available to cardholders of The Platinum Card® from American Express and to Centurion members (a privilege reserved for folks who spent somewhere in the six figures on an American Express card in a prior year and either got an invitation to join or requested access for their high spending). You can’t purchase a membership or a day pass to Centurion Lounges: Cardholders and members only.
How do I get into a Centurion Lounge?
To get in, show The Platinum Card® from American Express, your boarding pass for travel that day and a picture I.D. card. You can bring up to two guests for free and additional guests for $50 per person. Pets are allowed in carriers, service animals are allowed on a leash or harness, and admittance for emotional support animals varies from lounge to lounge and is subject to certain rules.
The American Express cards that offer Centurion Lounge access, not surprisingly, carry steep annual fees. They include:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express has a $550 annual fee and has the following welcome bonus: Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months. Terms Apply.
- The Business Platinum® Card from American Express has a $595 annual fee. Its welcome bonus is as follows: Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Terms Apply.
- The American Express Corporate Platinum Card has a $395 annual fee.
Where can I visit a Centurion Lounge?
All Centurion Lounges come with some basic perks, including gourmet snacks, premium bar, high-speed Wi-Fi, power stations, large flat-screen TVs and staff to help with your travel arrangements. Some lounges come with extras, including hot meals, showers and spas.
There are the nine airports where you’ll find officially designated Centurion Lounges. But AmEx also operates seven other lounges worldwide that offer similar amenities, and five more Centurion Lounges are slated to open in 2019 in Denver, New York-JFK, Los Angeles, London and Charlotte, North Carolina.
Here are the nine Centurion Lounges you can currently visit:
- Seattle-Tacoma. Concourse B, across from Gate B3. Open 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. Snacks, premium bar, showers.
- San Francisco. Terminal 3, near Gate 74. Open 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. Fresh seasonal cuisine, family-room, wine-tasting area, shower suites.
- Las Vegas-McCarran. Concourse D, opposite Gate D1. Open 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. Fresh seasonal fare, family room, conference space, shower suites.
- Dallas-Ft. Worth. Terminal D, across from Gate 12. Open 5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Fresh seasonal cuisine, spa, family room, shower suites, conference space.
- Houston. Terminal D, access via elevators near Gate D6. Open 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Locally inspired cuisine, family room, shower suites.
- Miami. Concourse D, fourth floor near Gate D12. Open 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. Fresh seasonal cuisine, family room, shower suites, spa.
- Philadelphia. Terminal A West, near Gate A14. Open 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Locally inspired cuisine, shower suites.
- New York-LaGuardia. Terminal B, pre-security on the third floor. Open 5:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday through Friday and 5:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Saturday. Fresh seasonal cuisine.
- Hong Kong. Terminal 1, take the escalator just before Gate 60. Open 5:30 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. Locally-inspired cuisine, shower suites.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2019, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Centurion Lounge to open at Charlotte airport
So you’ve got airport lounge access? You sure?
How to make the most of your Priority Pass this winter