Whether you earned them from a hotel like Holiday Inn or through an IHG-branded credit card, you probably want to know how much your stash of IHG points is worth.
The short answer: NerdWallet values IHG points at 0.8 cent each. This is a baseline value, drawn from real-world data, not a maximized value. In other words, you should aim for award redemptions that offer 0.8 cent or more in value from your IHG points.
Use our calculator below to figure out how much your points are worth based on this value.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2020, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Find the best hotel credit card for you
IHG Rewards: More value for the frugal traveler
Snag these hotel perks, even if you’re disloyal