If you fly Southwest Airlines a lot but aren’t getting special perks because you also fly frequently with another airline, you have an option: Get your elite status matched.
To qualify, you’ll need to provide your name and Rapid Rewards account number, along with proof of your current airline elite status with a domestic airline other than Southwest Airlines. You must enroll before Dec. 31, 2018.
Once you receive confirmation of your A-list status match (typically within 12 days), fly three round trips or six one-way trips within 90 days to have your A-List status extended for an additional 12 months.
» Learn more: Looking for more travel hacks? Visit our travel community
The perks of being an A-List member:
You’ll get free same day standby travel based on availability within two hours of your original departure and to the same cities. In addition, you’ll get priority boarding and often quicker routes through priority security lines, a 25% mileage bonus and a dedicated phone line.
NerdWallet does not guarantee promotions, prices, routes or dates. They are subject to change or expiration.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2018, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card (Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®).
- Flat-rate travel rewards: Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card (Earn unlimited 2 miles per dollar on every purchase).
- Premium travel rewards: Chase Sapphire Reserve® (Get 3 points per dollar on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide and 1 point per dollar on all other purchases).
- No annual fee: Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card (Earn unlimited 1.5 points per dollar spent on all purchases, with no annual fee).
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express (Get 5 points per dollar on flights booked directly with airlines or through American Express Travel, plus get access to the Global Lounge Collection). Terms Apply.
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Flight deal: Get to Cancun this winter for $97+ one way on Southwest
Fall 2018 hotel points promotions: Which ones are worth your time?
How to snag credit card rewards flights in peak season