The Citi Prestige® Card is getting a boost in travel rewards, earnings options and redemption options in 2019. The best part: It’s because of tracking customer feedback and usage.
Here’s what consumers need to know:
- Beginning in January 2019, cardmembers will earn more points for certain travel purchases. Cardholders will earn five ThankYou points for every $1 spent on dining and travel purchases and three ThankYou points per dollar spent on cruise purchases.
- The $250 annual bonus extended for air travel is extended to all travel. Travelers can now use this credit to book hotels and other eligible travel purchases in addition to flights.
- Starting in May 2019, cardmembers will receive cell phone assistance for damage or theft of a phone. Your monthly bill must be paid with your Citi Prestige® Card.
- Cardmembers will still be able to enjoy a free fourth-night at any hotel. But beginning in September 2019, cardholders will only be able to use the perk twice per year.
- Make sure the rewards are enough to warrant paying the annual fee. The annual fee will jump in September 2019 from $450 to $495. Authorized user fees will be $75 per individual. Citigold and Private Bank clients will not pay the increased fees, but regardless, the fees are high if you don’t use the perks. Current cardholders should compare rewards earned and used for last year to see if you should continue using the card.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2019, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
6 credit cards that offer cell phone insurance
Citi ThankYou points: How to earn and use them
This strategy is how I started earning major travel rewards