Of all the perks of the Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card, the free checked bags are for the most valuable.
For the budget traveler looking to save money on checked bags and spend layovers in the comfort of a lounge, these perks could make the Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card right for you.
Free checked baggage
You get one free checked bag for up to nine people on one reservation with this card. Without it, travelers pay $30 per checked bag.
For a family of four flying one-way, your costs could be reduced by $120 per trip. If you happen to be booking a one-way reservation for the maximum number of nine people, the savings could be $270.
The checked bag waiver is valid on Delta and Delta Connection originating flight segments. The bag must meet weight requirements; if the bag is overweight or oversized, additional fees will be charged.
» Learn More: Find the best airline credit card for you
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2020, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Nerdwallet’s top travel credit cards
Delta SkyMiles: The complete guide
NerdWallet’s guide to the best airline and hotel loyalty programs