Verizon’s wireless network spans nearly the entire United States, which means it has service in places other carriers don’t. But that access can come at a premium.
At A Glance
- Plans start at $65 for 5GB of data.
- Notables: Top-rated network with 5G available in some areas; customers on an unlimited plan can get a year of Disney+ for free.
Verizon cell phone plans
Verizon has four unlimited plans, which each offer different benefits. You can save $10 per month, per line on any unlimited plan if you opt for automatic payments, but you have to use a debit card or checking account to get the discount.
- Start Unlimited ($80): Video streaming limited to standard definition. Mobile hot spot is not included with this plan.
- Play More Unlimited ($90): Includes 15GB of high-speed mobile hot spot usage per month. Video streaming is in HD, but at 720p rather than the full 1080p. You likely won’t notice the difference on your smartphone, though. Apple music subscription is included. Data speeds may be slowed if your usage exceeds 25GB.
- Do More Unlimited ($90): Includes 15GB of high-speed mobile hot spot usage per month and you can get 50% off an unlimited plan for your tablet or connected devices. Video streaming limited to standard definition. Data speeds may slow if your usage exceeds 50GB.
- Get More Unlimited ($100): Includes 30GB of high-speed mobile hot spot usage per month. As with the Play More plan, HD video streams at 720p and an Apple Music subscription is included with the plan. Data speeds may be slowed if your usage exceeds 75GB.
Verizon customers with compatible phones can access 5G networks and 4K HD video streaming with compatible devices for an additional $10 per month.
You can add Verizon’s “Just Kids” plan to any unlimited plan for $35 per line. The kids plan includes 5GB of data and built-in parental controls, including content filters, location tracking and the ability block certain apps.
SHARED DATA PLANS
Verizon offers two shared data plans, which include unlimited minutes and text messages. You can save $10 per month if you sign up for automatic payments. But there’s a catch: You can’t use a credit card for autopay.
- 5GB: $65.
- 10GB: $75.
verizon family plans
You can turn any Verizon plan into a family plan. Additional lines for shared plans cost $35 each on top of the base plan price. You can save $10 per month, per line if you opt for automatic payments. Verizon’s unlimited plans are priced differently. Learn more about Verizon’s family plans here.
Verizon prepaid plans
Verizon offers several prepaid plans, all of which are billed monthly, similar to traditional plans. The main difference is that prepaid plans don’t require a credit check. Learn more about Verizon’s prepaid cell phone plans here.
Verizon unlimited plan: How it compares on price
Prices listed are for the least expensive plan when more than one unlimited plan is available. The pricing doesn’t include taxes, fees or autopay discounts.
|Monthly price comparison||1 line||2 lines||3 lines||4 lines|
|*Restricted LTE data download speeds.
**Prices include taxes and/or fees.
|Metro by T-Mobile||$50||$80||$110||$140|