- 0% Introductory APR for 18 billing cycles for balance transfers made in the first 60 days, then 11.74% - 21.74% Variable APR
- Balance transfer fee of either 3% of the amount of the transfer or $10 (whichever is greater) applies
- No annual fee
- Saves you more on interest when you transfer balances from higher rate credit cards
- $0 Liability Guarantee, so you're not responsible for any fraudulent charges made on your account
- Access your FICO® Score for free within Online and Mobile Banking
- If you apply for a card over the phone and are approved, our representatives can transfer your balance over the phone
APR: 11.74% - 21.74% Variable APR
Penalty APR: up to 29.99% APR
Cash Advance APR: See Terms
The BankAmericard® credit card is a decent, low-hassle balance-transfer card to give you breathing room from interest as you pay down debt. But it may have little else that would entice you to keep it beyond the promotional period.
It carries a balance-transfer fee of 3% that gets tacked onto your transferred total. The 0% rate applies only to transfers, not purchases, and its time window for transfers eligible for the 0% rate is somewhat short. It has an annual fee of $0.
There’s nothing offensive about the BankAmericard® credit card, and the promotional period is generous. But there's no sign-up bonus, spending rewards or perks. That might have you researching other low-interest and balance transfer credit cards.
(Note: the BankAmericard credit card is different from the BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ credit card and the BankAmericard Travel Rewards® credit card, both of which generally get a thumbs-up from the Nerds.)
For more, see our full review of the BankAmericard® credit card
NerdWallet reviews are the result of independent research by our editorial team while cardholder reviews are contributions from independent users not affiliated with NerdWallet. Banks, issuers and credit card companies are not responsible for any content posted on the NerdWallet site, nor do they endorse or guarantee any posted comments or reviews.