- Earn 50K bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year
- Named a Best Travel Credit Card for 2017 by MONEY® Magazine
- 3X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases. Plus, no foreign transaction fees
- Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,000+ airport lounges worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority PassTM Select
- Up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre√®
APR: 17.49% - 24.49% Variable APR
Cash Advance APR: 26.49%, Variable
- A large bonus
- High rewards rate
- High value benefits
- Cool factor - metal card
- No foreign transaction fee
- High annual fee
- Needs excellent credit
Earn 50K bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
1 point per dollar
Not sure which card is best for you?
Disclaimer: Any editorial content is not provided or commissioned by Chase Bank USA, N.A. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of Chase Bank USA, N.A, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Chase Bank USA, N.A. "Sponsored" above means this site may be compensated through the Chase Bank USA, N.A Affiliate Program.
The Chase Sapphire Reserve® is an excellent premium travel credit card, a higher-end version of the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card with better perks and a higher bonus rewards rate. It also has a bigger annual fee of $450, but two-thirds of it can be wiped out by the $300 in annual credits for travel expenses. The card's big sign-up bonus also takes the sting out of the annual fee for a while.
With the Chase Sapphire Reserve®, you earn 3 Chase Ultimate Rewards points per $1 spent on travel and restaurants and 1 point per $1 spent on everything else. Chase Sapphire Reserve® cardholders can get a value of 1.5 cents per point when redeeming points for travel through Chase. That means travel and dining expenditures can have an effective 4.5% rewards rate.
Like other premium travel cards, this one includes luxury travel perks like airport lounge access and a reimbursement for the application fee for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck.
It's rare to find a travel card that combines perks and rewards so effectively. That makes this card one of the best options available for anyone who spends a significant amount of money on travel.
For more, read our full review of the Chase Sapphire Reserve®.
NerdWallet reviews are the result of independent research by our editorial team while cardholder reviews are contributions from independent users not affiliated with NerdWallet. Banks, issuers and credit card companies are not responsible for any content posted on the NerdWallet site, nor do they endorse or guarantee any posted comments or reviews.