- Exclusively for Costco Members: Go Big with Cash Back Rewards
- 4% cash back on eligible gas for the first $7,000 per year and then 1% thereafter
- 3% cash back on restaurants and eligible travel purchases
- 2% cash back on all other purchases from Costco and Costco.com
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
APR: 16.49% Variable APR
Penalty APR: Up to 29.99%, Variable
Cash Advance APR: 26.49%, Variable
- Bonus cash back categories
- No annual fee
- High rewards rates in certain categories
- Can use card as Costco membership ID
- Requires excellent credit
- Shorter 0% APR period than similar cards
- Needs Costco membership to qualify
- Rewards redeemable once a year and only at Costco
0% on Purchases for 7 months
This offer is not currently available on NerdWallet
The Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi is a hybrid between a store credit card and a general rewards card. It offers 2% cash back on Costco and Costco.com purchases — but there are other flat-rate cards out there that pay 2%, so that's not the card's best feature.
Instead, it's the ability to earn a whopping 4% back on gas, whether you fill your tank at Costco or a regular gas station, that makes this card such a good deal. You'll only earn the higher rate on the first $7,000 you spend on gas annually, and there are limitations on which types of gas stations are eligible. But this benefit could save car commuters and road trip vacationers a lot of money.
The card also pays 3% back on qualifying restaurant and travel purchases, and a flat 1% back on everything else.
The biggest downsides are the 3% foreign transaction fee and the fact that you can only redeem your rewards once a year — in person, at Costco.
Want to learn more? Read our full review of the Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi.
NerdWallet reviews are the result of independent research by our editorial team while cardholder reviews are contributions from independent users not affiliated with NerdWallet. Banks, issuers and credit card companies are not responsible for any content posted on the NerdWallet site, nor do they endorse or guarantee any posted comments or reviews.