- Earn 5% cash back at different places each quarter like gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants, Amazon.com, or wholesale clubs up to the quarterly maximum each time you activate.
- Plus, earn unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases - automatically.
- INTRO OFFER: Discover will match ALL the cash back you've earned at the end of your first year, automatically. There's no signing up. And no limit to how much is matched.
- Redeem cash back any amount, any time. Rewards never expire.
- Use your rewards at Amazon.com checkout.
- Receive FREE Social Security number alerts-Discover will monitor thousands of risky websites when you sign up.
- No annual fee.
- View Rates and Fees
APR: 13.74% - 24.74% Variable APR
Cash Advance APR: 26.74%, Variable
- Cash back match at the end of your first year
- Bonus cash back categories
- No annual fee
- 0% on purchases for 14 months and 0% on balance transfers for 14 months
- Slightly less merchant acceptance for Discover in US - acceptance outside of US can be an issue
- If you value simplicity, a flat rate cash back card may be better
Discover will match ALL the cash back you've earned at the end of your first year, automatically. There's no signing up. And no limit to how much is matched.
0% on Purchases and Balance Transfers for 14 months
Not sure which card is best for you?
If you're looking for a credit card with stellar cash-back rewards, a decent 0% APR introductory period, great extra perks, or all of the above, the Discover it® Cash Back has what you're looking for.
The card offers 5% cash back on quarterly rotating categories that you activate, on up to $1,500 in spending per quarter, and 1% cash back on all other purchases. Plus, it offers a great sign-up bonus: Discover will match ALL the cash back you've earned at the end of your first year, automatically. There's no signing up. And no limit to how much is matched.
It also gives cardholders an early break on interest with 0% on Purchases and Balance Transfers for 14 months, and then the ongoing APR of 13.74% - 24.74% Variable APR.
Add to that free access to your FICO® score, an online bonus mall where you can earn even more rewards, and a $0 annual fee. All things considered, the Discover it® Cash Back stacks up nicely against the competition. For more information, read our full review.
NerdWallet reviews are the result of independent research by our editorial team while cardholder reviews are contributions from independent users not affiliated with NerdWallet. Banks, issuers and credit card companies are not responsible for any content posted on the NerdWallet site, nor do they endorse or guarantee any posted comments or reviews.