$0Waived first year
- Get a dollar-for-dollar match of all the cash back you’ve earned at the end of your first year, automatically.
- 2% cash back at restaurants and gas stations on up to $1,000 in combined purchases every quarter—no sign-ups needed. 1% cash back on all your other purchases.
- Good Grades Rewards: $20 cash back each school year your GPA is 3.0 or higher for up to the next 5 years.
- No annual fee. No late fee on first late payment. No APR change for paying late.
- Get 100% U.S. based customer service & your FICO® Credit Score for free on monthly statements, on mobile and online.
- Freeze It® on/off switch for your account that prevents new purchases, cash advances & balance transfers in seconds.
- 0% intro APR on purchases for 6 months, then the standard variable purchase APR of 13.74% - 22.74%.
- Click "APPLY NOW" to see rates, rewards, FICO® Credit Score terms, Cashback Match™ details & other information.
APR: 13.74% - 22.74% Variable APR
Cash Advance APR: 25.74%, Variable
- Qualify with average credit
- Bonus cash back categories
- No annual fee
- 0% on Purchases for 6 months and 10.99% on Balance Transfers for 6 months
- No foreign transaction fee
Get a dollar-for-dollar match of all the cash back you’ve earned at the end of your first year, automatically.
0% on Purchases for 6 months and 10.99% on Balance Transfers for 6 months
The Discover it® chrome for Students is a simpler card than the better-known Discover it® for Students. There are no rotating bonus categories, just a consistent rewards rate that pays 2% cash back on up to $1,000 per quarter in spending at restaurants and gas stations. That's an especially great option for students who commute since they tend to spend more on gas. Anything you spend over that first $1,000, and all other purchases, earn a flat 1% back.
The Discover it® chrome for Students also offers Discover's Good Grades Rewards, which puts an extra $20 in your pocket if you maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher. You can earn this reward once a year for up to five years. The annual fee is $0, and there are no foreign transaction fees.
NerdWallet reviews are the result of independent research by our editorial team while cardholder reviews are contributions from independent users not affiliated with NerdWallet. Banks, issuers and credit card companies are not responsible for any content posted on the NerdWallet site, nor do they endorse or guarantee any posted comments or reviews.