- Fee-free ATMs with the Allpoint network
- Low-cost overdraft options
- No online customer service chat function
- 38,000 fee-free Allpoint® ATMs and 2,000 Capital One® ATMs
- Free MasterCard® Debit Card for all purchases
- Overdraft protection options:
- Set up Free Savings Transfer
- Or apply for an Overdraft Line of Credit, where you'll pay interest only on the amount you borrow
- Mobile App Available
- Mobile Check Deposits
- Free Debit Card Replacement
- No Foreign Transaction Fee
- Reduced ATM Fees
- Overdraft Forgiveness
Fee Break Down
- Stop Payments$25
- Monthly Fee$0
- Debit Card Replacement$0
- Out-of-Network ATM$0
- Early Closure$0
- Paper Statements$0
360 Checking from Capital One 360 is an excellent all-around checking account, with few fees and a great online banking experience.
Capital One 360 has a good fee structure -- by which we mean it charges hardly any fees. You won't pay a monthly account fee, ATM fees or foreign transaction fees. You won't even pay an overdraft fee, just an interest rate of 11.5% APR on your negative balance.
Many checking accounts don't offer interest, so Capital One's 0.20% annual percentage yield on balances up to $50,000 is a plus. Higher balances earn even more. The mobile banking app is as slick as the online banking interface, which includes easy transfers between your checking account and Capital One 360 savings accounts. Even though it's an online checking account, you'll have access to more than 40,000 ATMs.
Room for improvement
We'd like to see Capital One 360 offer a rewards checking option similar to Capital One Rewards Checking, which offers miles for debit card purchases. We also hope it'll bring back mobile person-to-person payments, which were temporarily suspended in June 2015, according to an email from the company.
Want more information? Check out our full Capital One 360 bank review.