Financial Literacy Orientation
NerdWallet’s Financial Literacy Orientation helps students and adults build the necessary skills to effectively manage their personal finances. Navigating your personal finances and paying for college is more complicated then ever. Consumers now face a minefield of new financial products and creative fees. The simple act of managing your money has become downright stressful.
The Orientation provides lessons in fundamentals in addition to more advanced discussions, such as developing a healthy financial attitude. The goals of the program are transparency and empowerment. NerdWallet will not to tell you how to spend your money, but rather provide the framework so you can make the right financial decisions for your lifestyles and goals. Stylish infographics and fun videos supplement written articles to deliver information that is both clear and entertaining. So explore the program, save some money, and get your nerd on!
Table of Contents
- What is a Credit Card?
- How to Read the Schumer Box (INFOGRAPHIC)
- What is a Debit Card?
- Credit, Debit, or Prepaid? Choosing the Right Card (VIDEO)
- Overview of Banks and Financial Institutions
- Overview of Checking Accounts
Managing Your Money
- Thinking About Money
- Financial Timeline & Key Milestones (INFOGRAPHIC)
- Introduction to Online and Mobile Banking
- What is a Credit Score?
- Building Your Credit Score (VIDEO)
- Common Money Mistakes
Paying for College
- Understanding the True Cost of College
- Understanding Student Loans in Real Terms (INFOGRAPHIC)
- Grants and Scholarships
- Student Loans