» This offer has expired
The exclusive offer described in this article has expired. For more information about the Capital One® Walmart Rewards™ Mastercard®, see NerdWallet’s full review.
Considering the new Capital One® Walmart Rewards™ Mastercard® as you tackle your holiday gift list? Starting Oct. 28, 2019, and for the next 30 days, NerdWallet will be the only place you can apply directly for the credit card aside from Walmart itself and the issuer, Capital One.
The $0-annual-fee card earns the following ongoing rewards:
- 5% back on Walmart.com and Walmart app purchases.
- 2% back on in-store purchases at Walmart (including at Murphy USA and Walmart fuel stations).
- 2% back on travel and at restaurants.
- 1% back on everything else.
Purchases that qualify for 5% back include items you buy online for in-store pickup, as well as for Walmart Grocery Pickup and Delivery. The card also offers 5% back on in-store purchases made via the Walmart Pay digital wallet during your first 12 months (2% back after that).
That means that if you’re willing to shop online or via Walmart Pay, you could snag 5% back on purchases for your Thanksgiving table and other holiday-related events.
The Capital One® Walmart Rewards™ Mastercard® earns points worth one cent apiece, and you can redeem in any amount toward these options:
- For use during online checkout at Walmart.com.
- As a credit toward a specific purchase.
- As a statement credit.
- For gift cards.
- For travel booked through Capital One’s travel portal.