American Airlines has debuted a new program called Economy Web Specials, which offers AAdvantage members discounted pricing on select flights exclusively on American Airlines’ website.
Economy Web Specials is available for trips Jan. 8, 2019 and beyond. To book the discount, you must be an AAdvantage frequent flyer member and book using miles on AA.com. All mileage can be applied, no matter how it was earned. Be sure to review all your booking options as new specials can appear at any time.
» Learn More: Find the best airline credit card for you
The tickets have most of the same rules as economy tickets, but flight changes are not allowed. Refunding mileage costs $150 for the first passenger and $25 for additional travelers using the same mileage account.
The program began with just six routes (most are out of Dallas), but more could be added in the new year, so be sure to keep an eye out for this deal when you plan your next trip.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2020, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards Visa® credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Take a budget airline flight from basic to bearable
The cheapest days to book holiday flights (and the cheapest days to fly)
Which American Airlines credit card should you choose?