Many Southwest Airlines fans are looking forward to the addition of Hawaii service to the carrier’s flight schedule. Flights from four California cities to the Hawaiian Islands are still expected to commence in the first half of this year as the airline works through the final stages of authorization by the Federal Aviation Administration.
While flyers await the launch of those routes, the following new and returning seasonal service flights can be booked now.
New nonstop seasonal routes
Southwest is adding nonstop Saturday-only service in each direction between Dallas Love Field and Corpus Christi, effective Aug. 10.
The airline is also adding flights between Richmond, Virginia, and Tampa, Florida, on Saturdays and Sundays beginning Aug. 10.
Returning seasonal routes
Also starting Aug. 10, flyers can travel nonstop on Southwest between the following cities on Saturdays only, in each direction:
- Hartford, Connecticut, and Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Buffalo, New York, and Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Newark, New Jersey, and Orlando, Florida.
- Richmond, Virginia, and Orlando, Florida.
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and Seattle.
- Boise, Idaho, and Chicago Midway.
- Des Moines, Iowa, and Phoenix.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2019, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Southwest Rapid Rewards program: The complete guide
6 nearly free trips you can take with the Southwest Companion Pass promotion
Which Southwest credit card should I choose?