This Offer Has Expired
Are you getting married anytime soon? Have you and your partner also always dreamed of visiting Hawaii? If so, Southwest might just become your favorite airline.
Southwest Airlines has launched a welcome promotion available to consumers who sign up for one of their three consumer credit cards: the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card, the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card and the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card.
- A cardholder can earn a promotional Companion Pass, plus 30,000 points after $4,000 spent on purchases in the first three month of account opening.
- This promotional Companion Pass will allow you to fly one person for free (excluding taxes and fees one way) each time you purchase or redeem points for a flight.
- This promotional Companion Pass is good through Dec. 31, 2019.
- Offer ends Feb. 11, 2019.
Consider the wedding costs
If you’re knee deep in wedding planning, this isn’t news to you, but getting married is expensive. According to The Knot’s research, the average cost of a wedding is nearly $34,000. So why not hit that $4,000 spend requirement while cutting the cost of your honeymoon (which costs an average of $5,342, according to The Knot) by using that Companion Pass?
Rapid Rewards for the win
Signing up for a Rapid Rewards card will clearly help you with the cost of your honeymoon, but there’s another reason to join: Rapid Rewards is one of the top airline rewards systems around. Based on NerdWallet’s latest analysis, at a Rapid Rewards points value of 1.7 cents each, the 30,000-point offer combined with 4,000 Rapid Rewards points from spending could earn you over $550 in travel.
Southwest’s Rapid Rewards points can be redeemed for any seat, any day, any time with no blackout dates or seat restrictions. Sounds great, right?
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2019, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
The Southwest Rapid Rewards Program: The complete guide
Which Southwest Airlines credit card should I get?
Southwest could begin Hawaii service sooner than expected