United is adding routes and service from San Francisco to Australia, New Zealand, Tahiti, Toronto and Amsterdam in early 2019. Adding nonstop service to United’s West Coast hub service will expand service for all of United’s U.S. connecting cities.
Here’s what you need to know about this United Airlines news:
- Daily nonstop from San Francisco to Amsterdam service begins March 30, 2019. United also offers flights to Amsterdam from Chicago, Houston, Newark and Washington, D.C.
- San Francisco to Melbourne, Australia service will run three times weekly beginning Oct. 29, 2019. This is United’s second flight to Melbourne. The other one departs from Los Angeles. United offers service to Sydney from Houston, Los Angeles and San Francisco.
- United is adding a second flight to Seoul, South Korea from San Francisco. The new flight will begin operating four times per week on April 1, 2019.
- New San Francisco-to-Toronto service helps West Coasters. United already flies to Toronto from several U.S. cities. The twice-daily nonstop service between begins March 31, 2019, offering convenient connections for business and leisure.
- San Francisco to Papeete, Tahiti, service extends to a year-round schedule on March 30, 2019. Flights will depart three times per week on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
- San Francisco to Auckland, New Zealand, extends to year-round
service on March 30, 2019. Flights will also fly three times per week.
- New Delhi is the exception to the early 2019 rule. Seasonal service will begin Dec. 5, 2019. San Francisco to New Delhi, India. United currently offers nonstop service to Mumbai and New Delhi from Newark.
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Cheap things to do in any city
Find the best travel credit card for your needs.
Landing the best airfare is a matter of timing