When you travel frequently, sometimes it isn’t always convenient to choose the same hotel or airline. Depending on where you are, your favorite hotel chain might not have a location in your destination city. Or maybe there are no nonstop flights on the airline you earn points or miles with.
» Learn more: Here’s how much your points and miles are worth
The Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card is a good option for those who travel frequently to a wide variety of destinations because you’re not limited to a specific airline or brand.
Here’s what the brand-hopping traveler needs to know about this card:
- No annual fee the first year. The card’s annual fee is $95.
- High travel rewards earnings rate. The Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card earns 2 miles per $1 spent on all purchases. The earnings equate about a cent a piece and can be used to reimburse travel.
- Speedy TSA screenings. Cardholders get a $100 discount on the application for Global Entry or TSA Precheck to move through security faster.
- Good welcome bonus. Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel.
- No foreign transaction fees. Cardholders pay for transactions based on the currency exchange rate.
How to maximize your rewardsYou want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2020, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- No annual fee: The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card
- Flat-rate rewards with no annual fee: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
- Premium travel rewards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business travelers: The Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Which Capital One credit card should I choose?
9 easy ways to earn travel rewards you’ll actually use
Is the Capital One Venture credit card worth it’s annual fee?