- No annual fee, and all the credit building benefits with responsible card use
- Unlike a prepaid card, it builds credit when used responsibly, with regular reporting to the 3 major credit bureaus
- You will get an initial $200 credit line after making a security deposit of $49, $99, or $200, determined based on your creditworthiness
- Get access to a higher credit line after making your first 5 monthly payments on time with no additional deposit needed
- Easily manage your account 24/7 with online access, by phone or using our mobile app
- It’s a credit card accepted at millions of locations worldwide
APR: 24.99% Variable APR
Cash Advance APR: 24.99%, Variable
If you have bad or no credit, a secured card is a great option to improve your credit score. Enter the Capital One® Secured MasterCard® , one of our favorite secured cards on the market. Based on your current credit score, Capital One will determine your refundable security deposit amount -- either $49, $99 or $200 -- which will get you a starter credit limit of $200. You can get a higher initial credit limit by making a larger deposit before activating your card. The maximum credit line is $3,000.
The Capital One® Secured MasterCard® has an annual fee of $0 and no foreign transaction fees. The card's APR is high: The ongoing APR is 24.99% Variable APR -- so make sure you pay your balance in full each month to avoid incurring interest.
Want to learn more about the Capital One® Secured MasterCard® ? Check out our full review of the card for details.
NerdWallet reviews are the result of independent research by our editorial team while cardholder reviews are contributions from independent users not affiliated with NerdWallet. Banks, issuers and credit card companies are not responsible for any content posted on the NerdWallet site, nor do they endorse or guarantee any posted comments or reviews.