- Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
- Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate
- Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases - it's automatic
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 14.24-23.24%. Balance transfer fee is 5% of the amount transferred, $5 minimum
- Enjoy new 5% categories every 3 months like gas stations, restaurants, and wholesale clubs
- Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open
- No annual fee
APR: 14.24%-23.24% Variable
Cash Advance APR: 25.24%, Variable
- No annual fee
- Qualify with Good credit
- If you value simplicity, a flat rate cash back card may be better
Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
0% Intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers
Disclaimer: Any editorial content is not provided or commissioned by Chase Bank USA, N.A. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of Chase Bank USA, N.A, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Chase Bank USA, N.A. "Sponsored" above means this site may be compensated through the Chase Bank USA, N.A Affiliate Program.
The Chase Freedom® rewards cardholders with 5% cash back on rotating quarterly categories. For 2016, these categories are as follows:
- Q1 (Jan. 1 – March 31): Gas stations and local commuter transportation (not including parking, tolls or Amtrak)
- Q2 (April 1 – June 30): Grocery stores (not including Target and Wal-Mart) and more
- Q3 (July 1 – Sept. 30): Restaurants and more
- Q4 (Oct. 1 – Dec. 31): Holiday shopping
Want more rewards? The Chase Freedom® has a signup bonus: Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. There's also a $25 cash bonus if you add an authorized user and make a purchase in the first three months.
If you need some time to pay off a large purchase or you want interest relief while paying down current debt, the Chase Freedom® has an introductory APR of 0% Intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers, and then the ongoing APR of 14.24%-23.24% Variable.
For more information, check out our full review of the Chase Freedom®.
NerdWallet reviews are the result of independent research by our editorial team while cardholder reviews are contributions from independent users not affiliated with NerdWallet. Banks, issuers and credit card companies are not responsible for any content posted on the NerdWallet site, nor do they endorse or guarantee any posted comments or reviews.