- Earn a $100 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
- Earn a $25 Bonus after you add your first authorized user and make a purchase within this same 3-month period from account opening
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers. After the intro period, a variable APR of 13.99-22.99%
- Unlimited 1% Cash Back on every purchase
- 5% total cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate
- You'll enjoy new 5% categories every 3 months like gas stations, restaurants and Amazon.com. It's free and easy to activate your bonus each quarter!
- No annual fee and rewards never expire as long as your account is open
APR: 13.99%-22.99% (Variable)
Cash Advance APR: 24.99%, Variable
- Bonus 5% cash back categories
- No annual fee
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers
- Qualify with Good credit
- If you value simplicity, a flat rate cash back card may be better
Sign up bonus
Earn a $100 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
0% for 15 Months on purchases and 0% Intro APR for 15 months on balance transfers
Disclaimer: Any editorial content is not provided or commissioned by Chase Bank USA, N.A. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of Chase Bank USA, N.A, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Chase Bank USA, N.A. "Sponsored" above means this site may be compensated through the Chase Bank USA, N.A Affiliate Program.
The Chase Freedom(R) rewards cardholders with 5% cash back on rotating quarterly categories. For 2015, these categories are as follows:
- Q1 (January 1 – March 31): Grocery stores, movie theaters and Starbucks stores
- Q2 (April 1 – June 30): Restaurants, Bed Bath & Beyond, H&M and Overstock.com
- Q3 (July 1 – September 30): Gas stations and Kohl's
- Q4 (October 1 – December 31): Amazon.com, Zappos.com, Audible.com and Diapers.com
Want more rewards? The Chase Freedom(R) has a signup bonus: Earn a $100 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. There's also a $25 cash bonus if you add an authorized user and make a purchase in the first three months.
If you need some time to pay off a large purchase or you want interest relief while paying down current debt, the Chase Freedom(R) has an introductory APR of 0% for 15 Months on purchases and 0% Intro APR for 15 months on balance transfers, and then the ongoing APR of 13.99%-22.99% (Variable). Nerd tip: If you're planning on transferring a balance, keep in mind that there is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
For more information, check out our full review of the Chase Freedom(R).
NerdWallet reviews are the result of independent research by our editorial team while cardholder reviews are contributions from independent users not affiliated with NerdWallet. Banks, issuers and credit card companies are not responsible for any content posted on the NerdWallet site, nor do they endorse or guarantee any posted comments or reviews.