- Earn 50,000 points after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of opening your account.
- Named 2015 Freddie Award Winner for Best Loyalty Credit Card
- NEW - Chip-enabled cards with 24/7 fraud monitoring
- Points Don't Expire, No Blackout Dates, Bags Fly Free®
- 2 points/$1 spent on Southwest Airlines® purchases and participating Hotel and Car Rental partners
- 1 point/$1 spent on all other purchases
- 6,000 points after your Cardmember Anniversary
APR: 15.99% Variable
Cash Advance APR: 24.99%, Variable
- No foreign transaction fee
- Has annual fee
Earn 50,000 points after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of opening your account.
Disclaimer: Any editorial content is not provided or commissioned by Chase Bank USA, N.A. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of Chase Bank USA, N.A, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Chase Bank USA, N.A. "Sponsored" above means this site may be compensated through the Chase Bank USA, N.A Affiliate Program.
If you're a loyal Southwest Airlines customer, the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards(R) Premier Credit Card is a great pick. Although the Rapid Rewards points no longer have a fixed value, the Nerds estimate that each is worth 1.1 cents, which is higher than the industry standard. Plus, since Southwest makes it easy to redeem Rapid Rewards points - you won't bump up against blackout dates, and points never expire - you're almost guaranteed to get a good deal on your award flight bookings.
Other unique card features include the 6,000-mile anniversary bonus, the ability to earn bonus points by shopping with Rapid Rewards partners and a Companion Pass-eligible signup bonus. For more details about this outstanding travel credit card, check out our full editorial review here.
NerdWallet reviews are the result of independent research by our editorial team while cardholder reviews are contributions from independent users not affiliated with NerdWallet. Banks, issuers and credit card companies are not responsible for any content posted on the NerdWallet site, nor do they endorse or guarantee any posted comments or reviews.