- Limited time offer - ends 3/15/18
- 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Check your first bag for free (a savings of up to $100 per roundtrip) when you use your Card to purchase your ticket
- Enjoy priority boarding privileges and visit the United Club℠ with 2 one-time passes each year for your anniversary
- No foreign transaction fees
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on tickets purchased from United, and 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Your miles don't expire as long as your credit card account is open, with no limit to the number of miles you can earn
APR: 17.24% - 24.24% Variable APR
Cash Advance APR: 26.24%, Variable
- Free checked bag and priority boarding
- Two United Club passes annually
- Miles don't expire as long as you're a cardholder
- Has annual fee
- Checked bag fee waived for fewer traveling partners than competitors
- Best for frequent United flyers only
Limited time offer - ends 3/15/18. Earn 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.
1 mile per dollar
$0 for the first year, then $95
Not sure which card is best for you?
Disclaimer: Any editorial content is not provided or commissioned by Chase Bank USA, N.A. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of Chase Bank USA, N.A, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Chase Bank USA, N.A. "Sponsored" above means this site may be compensated through the Chase Bank USA, N.A Affiliate Program.
United fliers, rejoice — the United MileagePlus® Explorer Card is a fantastic card to rack up the miles on your airfare and redeem them for free flights. It offers 2X miles on United ticket purchases and 1 mile per dollar spent on everything else. There's also a sign-up bonus: Limited time offer - ends 3/15/18. Earn 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.. Miles can be used on any United flight, as well as flights on any of the other Star Alliance airlines. The United MileagePlus® Explorer Card boasts great United perks for cardholders, including a free checked bag for you and a traveling companion, a 10,000-mile bonus each year you spend $25,000, priority boarding and two free United Club passes per year.
The United MileagePlus® Explorer Card has an annual fee of $0 for the first year, then $95, and no foreign transaction fees. The free checked bags could save you up to $100 per roundtrip, making up for the card's annual fee. This card is best for regular United fliers who check bags; otherwise, you're probably better off with a general travel card.
Want to learn more? Check out our full review of the United MileagePlus® Explorer Card for additional details.
NerdWallet reviews are the result of independent research by our editorial team while cardholder reviews are contributions from independent users not affiliated with NerdWallet. Banks, issuers and credit card companies are not responsible for any content posted on the NerdWallet site, nor do they endorse or guarantee any posted comments or reviews.