- Secured card rates well below the national average
- Borrow against your DCU savings account
- No Annual Fee*
- No Fees or Higher Rates for Cash Advances and Balance Transfers
- Works with Apple Pay®, Android Pay™, and Samsung Pay
- Insurance, car rental, travel, and warranty benefits
- Optional Overdraft Protection On Your DCU Checking
- Buy online easily and safely with Visa Checkout
- Embedded EMV chip to protect your card information
APR: 12.50% Variable APR
Penalty APR: Up to 18.00%, Variable
Cash Advance APR: 12.50%, Variable
Not sure which card is best for you?
If you have bad credit or no credit, the Digital Federal Credit Union Visa Platinum Secured Credit Card is one of the top secured credit cards available. The main reason is that it's generous on fees. The annual fee is $0, and there is no balance transfer fee or cash advance fee.
Another perk is the Digital Federal Credit Union Visa Platinum Secured Credit Card’s interest rate: The ongoing APR is 12.50% Variable APR— quite low. The card reports your credit activity to all three credit bureaus, helping you establish positive credit history more quickly. Plus, it doesn't put a cap on how high your credit limit can be — as long as you have enough cash to secure it with a collateral deposit.
A couple of things to consider: The Digital Federal Credit Union Visa Platinum Secured Credit Card doesn't offer rewards, and it requires cardholders to become Digital Federal Credit Union members. If you want more information, check out our full review.
NerdWallet reviews are the result of independent research by our editorial team while cardholder reviews are contributions from independent users not affiliated with NerdWallet. Banks, issuers and credit card companies are not responsible for any content posted on the NerdWallet site, nor do they endorse or guarantee any posted comments or reviews.