NerdWallet continues to review and analyze the biggest 2013 Black Friday deals out this holiday season. If you don’t see your favorite store’s ad yet, check back with us soon!
AAFES Black Friday 2013
At 32 pages, the AAFES Black Friday 2013 ad provides an incredibly broad variety of gift-worthy items, including clothing, electronics, toys, media, kitchenware and much more. Starting at 4am on Black Friday, servicemen and women and their families can take advantage of sales on hundreds of popular items in addition to enjoying exemption from sales tax. Don’t miss out on these hot gift items, which will be available for extra limited periods of time:
- Dyson Hand-held Vacuum: $119 ($50 off, 7am-9am only)
- Keurig Special-Edition Brewing System: $99 ($30 off, 10am-noon only)
- Entire Stock of Coach Handbags and Accessories: 25% off (noon-4pm only)
Ad leak preview: October 28, 2013
Shoppers anxiously awaiting the AAFES Black Friday 2013 ad will have to wait a little longer, but were treated to a special preview this weekend when what appears to be an unfinished draft of the ad leaked online. It’s important to note that this 32-page scan looks to be an extremely preliminary draft; its contents should in no way be considered official, but probably serve as a good approximation of the variety of AAFES’s Black Friday selection. The ad gives an open time of 4am on Black Friday, so fans of the store might want to plan on getting an early start.
The store’s inventory runs a wide gamut from electronics and media to apparel and toys. Check out just a few of the items that are featured in the draft:
- Microsoft Surface RT Tablet Bundle
- Diamond Accent Box Set
- Mirro 10-piece Aluminum Cookware Set
- Reaction Backlash Mountain Bike
- Samsung 46” LED HDTV
The scan also offers special time deals on a few big-ticket items for during limited time frames, so shoppers may want to plan accordingly if they’re interested in deals on these gifts:
- Dyson Hand-Held Vacuum: 7am – 9am
- Special Edition Keurig Brewing Systems: 10am – noon
- Entire Stock of Coach Handbags and Accessories: noon – 4pm
Although prices are not yet available, seasoned AAFES shoppers already expect savings in the form of the store’s no-sales-tax policy, a practice that will likely make a dent in the cost of higher-priced items like electronics and jewelry. Once again, this ad scan is definitely unfinished and even the items it lists could change by the time the official ad is released, so take it with a big grain of salt and be sure to check back frequently. We’ll be bringing you AAFES’s official Black Friday ad leak as soon as it’s available!
AAFES Black Friday Ad Scans
AAFES Best Black Friday Deals 2013
Not all apparel is advertised as being discounted, but there are some great price cuts for sure. Check out some of the ad’s lowest prices on clothing for men, women and kids:
- JW Women’s Pleather Jackets: $19.99 (50% off)
- Juniors’ Athleisure Hoodie or Pants: $10 (30% off)
- Juniors’ Poof! Sweater or Cardigan: $10 (30% off)
- All Ladies JW, Passport and PBX Sweaters: 50% off
- All Rene Rofe Intimates: 50% off
- Young Men’s Graphic Tees: $5
- Men’s Van Heusen or Perry Ellis Plush Robes: $17 (50% off)
- Men’s Bill Robinson Dress Shirt and Tie Box Set: $19 (30% off)
- Boys’ Pant Set or Girls’ Cardigan Set: $5
- Girls Pony Tails Long Sleeve Shirt: $5
- Boys Long Sleeve Shirt or Short Set: $5
Electronics comprised one of the AAFES ad’s more well-represented categories:
- Samsung 40″ Smart TV: $399 ($280 off)
- JBL Cinema Soundbar Speaker: $99.99 ($100 off)
- Sony Blu-ray Player with Wi-Fi: $49.95 ($40 off)
- Nikon CoolPix Digital Camera: $89.95 ($30 off)
- Wireless Desktop Keyboard and Mouse: $19.99 (50% 0ff)
- SafePort Rugged Case for iPad or iPad Mini: $19.99 (60% off)
- Backup Plus 1TB Portable Hard Drive: $69.99 (20% off)
A variety of kitchen tools and appliances will make great gifts and low prices:
- Presto Cool Touch Electric Griddle: $14.99 (50% off)
- Presto Electric Skillet: $14.99 (30% off)
- Ninja Master Prep Revolutionary Food and Drink Maker: $29.99 (25% off)
- Chicago Cutlery Essentials Block Set: $24.99 (50% off)
- KitchenAid Classic Stand Mixer: $179.99 ($50 off)
- Cuisinart Smart Power Compact Portable Blending/Chopping System: $29.99 (55% off)
Best AAFES Black Friday Deals from 2012
Considering the best AAFES Black Friday deals from 2012, there was a comprehensive selection of discounted items available from 4am Friday morning onwards. Headquartered in Dallas, TX, the AAFES, also called the Exchange, serves members of the military, their families, and retired veterans. Their Black Friday ad contained a whopping 356 items, covering 32 pages.
The range of items was wide; the store held strong selections in apparel, electronics, photography, video games, jewelry, kitchen appliances—and TVs. On the first page of the Exchange ad are four TVs, the most discounted being the Sony 55” LED-LCD Smart HDTV selling at $799 from its original $1299. With a Military Star card, a buyer could pay $23 a month for that TV, and cheaper pricing on other products too. Back to TVs, the cheapest seemed to be the LG 47” 1080p 120Hz LED-LCD HDTV on sale for $599. But TVs were far from being the only great deal in the ad.
The ad overall had reasonable discounts across the board. Apparel such as Smith’s Workwear Mens Apparel and RXB Misses Casual Tops were 50%, and one could find very cheap items like the PBX Basics Boys 5-pocket Denim jeans sold at $10. Discounted video games included the Disney Epic Mickey 2 (for Wii), Madden NFL 13 (for X360), and the NBA 2K13 (for PS3), all for $39.95. One steal for laptops was the HP Pavilion 15.6” Notebook, A4-Processor, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD for $289. If you were into kitchen products, the Hamilton Beach Wave Crusher Blender with 8 different speeds went for $49.99 and the 9-inch Waterford Crystal Bowl had an easy price of $29.99. From outdoor equipment to indoor entertainment, the store covered products suited for any age and the discounts were not partial to one product category.
The AAFES, according to its website, offers an average overall savings of 25% compared to competing stores for the purpose of providing everyday value more inexpensively to its customers. No sales tax on consumer products is ever charged by the Exchange. Moreover, the AAFES is not in it for the money. Every year, it gives approximately two thirds of its earnings to the military’s Morale, Welfare, and Recreation programs, distributed to the U.S. Army, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Navy. The purpose of AAFES is in large part to give back to the military community with the earnings it receives from the merchandise and service sales.
AAFES Black Friday Store Hours
4 a.m. looks to be the start time for this year as it was in 2012. For a complete store listing, check out the Black Friday Store Hours page!
AAFES store: USAG-Humphreys/Flickr: Source