Walmart Black Friday 2013 Ad – Find the Best Walmart Black Friday Deals and Sales
In this installment of NerdWallet’s annual Black Friday series, we check out the best sales from Walmart’s 2013 ad scan. Check back soon for the latest ads from all your favorite retailers.
Walmart Black Friday 2013
The Walmart Black Friday 2013 ad has leaked, and their deals on everything from electronics to toys, home goods to tools, do not disappoint! To boot, they’re implementing a 1-hour in-stock guarantee on all their items in store. Be sure to make your way over to Walmart on November 28th, Thanksgiving Day, to catch their best bargains! Scroll down for a peak at the ads, highlights of the best deals, and store hours.
Walmart has its loyal customers sitting on the very edge of their seats, anticipating what Walmart claims will be their best Black Friday sale to date. Although the Walmart Black Friday 2013 ad hasn’t been released yet, they’ve already revealed a few interesting changes in their 2013 Black Friday strategy. These sneak peeks lead NerdWallet to believe Walmart’s ad won’t be too far behind!
For starters, Walmart has offered its customers free shipping for purchases over $50. For purchases under $50, shoppers can expect $4.97 for basic 6-9 day delivery. Customers can avoid shipping costs altogether by having Walmart send their items to a brick-and-mortar location nearby for pick-up. This special pricing for pick-up falls in line with Wamart’s new push to engage customers online as well as through smaller stores instead of through their Supercenters.
Walmart has advertising changes looming on the horizon as well. The mega retail store plans to up its media presence by 50% this holiday season. In addition to promoting through traditional advertising mediums such as TV (specifically during the NFL, Duck Dynasty and Latin Grammy showings) and print, they’ll also heavily promote through social media and the Internet. All of these changes have the company confidently proclaiming that Walmart Black Friday 2013 will surely be its best!
Stay tuned to NerdWallet and see if Walmart’s 2013 ad leak lives up to its own high expectations!
Walmart Black Friday Ad Scans
Walmart Best Black Friday Deals 2013
Walmart’s best Black Friday deals of 2013 definitely outshine some of their competitors. Without further ado, here they are:
Electronics & Accessories:
- Vizio 60″ Smart LED 1080p 120: $688 (originally $998)
- Emerson 50″ Class LED HDTV $288
- XBox One System w/ Kinect, Controller, and Chat headset: $499
- PS4 System w/4 Wireless Controllers & Wired Mono headset: $399
- Call of Duty Ghosts: $39.96
- Beats by Dr. Dre: $114.95
- Nabi 2 7″ Tablet: $99
- iPhone 5c: $45
- iPhone 5s: $189.99
- Samsung Galaxy S4: $99
- Canon Powershot SX160 digital camera: $79
- Beats by Dr. Dre Pill Portable Speaker: $149.95
- 14′ Trampoline Combo w/ Safety Enclosure: $165
- Fisher-Price Power Wheels: $89
- Little Tikes playhouse: $80
- Elmo Hugs: $44
- Boys’ or girl’ next bike: $39
- Furby Boom: $29
- Thomas & Friends Track Master 5-in-1 set: $19.97
- Doc McStuffins Doll: $15
- Air Hogs Fly Crane Helicopter: $15
- Select board games: $8.88
Home Goods & Tools:
- Goodyear tires: Up to $127 off per tire
- Graco Travel System w/stroller & car seat: $99
- Stanley Rolling Tool Chest: $89
- Better Homes & Gardens 7-pc. Comforter set: $34.96
- Intex Queen Airbed w. Raised Pillow Rest: $25
- Rival Hand/Stad Mixer: $15
- Sleepwear for kids: $4.50
- Starter jeans for boys and Jordache jeans for girls: $8
- Wrangler regular or relaxed fit jeans: $9.50
Best Walmart Black Friday Deals from 2012
Last year we called Walmart’s obscenely large ad easily one of the holiday’s best, with 674 items spread out over 45 pages. Both the diversity of items and extent of the savings made Walmart a no-brainer for shoppers looking to snag gifts for the whole family at rock-bottom prices. Unfortunately for Walmart, their 2012 Black Friday sale was still overshadowed by some of the ugly mania that always accompanies the notoriously anarchic holiday.
1. The Disasters
The bulk of Walmart’s bad press last Black Friday was the result of protests by its own employees. At dozens of locations across the country, workers and their supporters gathered outside of stores to protest the retailer’s poor working conditions.
The rest of the superstore’s publicity came from a very different source: its customers.
Who won the title of “Most Deranged Walmart Shopper 2012?” It’s probably a tie between the drunk driver who struck two shoppers in a Walmart parking lot and the individual who shot two people over a parking space.
2. The Deals
The picketing and general pandemonium didn’t seem to deter shoppers on the hunt for lowest-of-the-low prices. Walmart claims to have racked up 10 million transactions between 8pm on Thanksgiving Day and 12am on Friday, and called it the store’s best Black Friday ever.
The behemoth superstore seemingly intended to space out the unruly crowds by staggering its deals’ availability in two hour increments. The deals were spread out between two “events,” with Event 1 starting at 8pm Thanksgiving Day and Event 2 beginning two hours later.
The company offered a “1-Hour In-Stock Guarantee” for three of the most in-demand items: a $38 LG Blu-ray Player, $148 32” Emerson LCD HDTV and $399 16GB iPad 2 with $75 Walmart gift card.
The deep discounts of 2012 are too numerous to list – the ad was 45 pages after all. Below are just a few of the most riot-inducing deals:
- Wrangler Jeans: $9.50
- HP Deskjet 1056 Printer: $19
- LG 3D Blu-ray Player with WiFi: $68
- TRU Nonstick Griddle: $9.44
- HP 15.6” AMD Laptop w/4GB, 320 GB: $279
- Over 100 Assorted DVD Titles: $1.96
- Huffy Ladies 26” Cranbrook Bike: $69
- Vizio 60” 1080p Smart LED WiFi HDTV: $688
- Emerson 50” 1080p LCD HDTV: $298
- Sony PS3 160 GB Console Bundle: $199
Walmart Black Friday Store Hours
Walmart will be opening it’s doors at 6 p.m. on November 28th, Thanksgiving Day. Check out our store hours page to see opening times for all your favorite retailers in one spot!