You’re not going to find $300 in your couch cushions, and your odds of winning it with scratch-off tickets aren’t that great. You may have a better chance by pre-qualifying on NerdWallet for the Chase Freedom® or the Chase Freedom Unlimited®.
Users who pre-qualify could be eligible for a $300 bonus on one of these cards. That’s twice the size of the usual bonus on these cards, which is: Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
The pre-qualification process involves a quick credit check that doesn’t affect your credit score. It’s a way of knowing your likelihood of approval — think of it as a soft “yes.” If you get an offer you like, you can then formally apply.
It’s not every day you get the chance to qualify for $300. It’s not the lottery, but you can dream a little. Consider what you could do with that amount:
- Hop on a last-minute flight and enjoy a weekend getaway
- Grab friends or family and take a road trip
- Get decent seats at a concert or other event
- Pamper yourself at the spa
- Get a new phone
- Get a smart home device: Amazon Echo, Google Home or Apple HomePod
- Splurge on a smartwatch or tablet
- Be responsible and start a small emergency fund or contribute to an existing one
If what your heart desires exceeds $300 by a lot, at the very least you can take $300 off the cost.
The Chase Freedom® and Chase Freedom Unlimited® credit cards continue to reward you long after you find a use for the bonus:
- Chase Freedom®: Earn 5% cash back in rotating bonus categories, on up to $1,500 in spending per quarter, and 1% cash back on all other purchases. The annual fee is $0. The bonus categories for the second quarter of 2018 are grocery stores, PayPal and Chase Pay.
- Chase Freedom Unlimited®: Earn an unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases. The annual fee is $0.