If you’ve been dreading Tax Day, you’re not alone. But some businesses are handing out free and discounted stuff to ease the pain — and save you a little money.
Here are our picks for where to snag some of the best 2018 deals and freebies. You’ll be able to claim all of these April 17. (We’ve noted some deals that last longer.)
- Boston Market: Dine in-restaurant April 17 to purchase the $10.40 Tax Day Meal Special, while supplies last. It includes a half-chicken individual meal with two sides, cornbread and a regular fountain beverage.
- Bruegger’s Bagels: Through April 17, get a Big Bagel Bundle for $10.40 with a downloadable coupon at participating locations.
- Firehouse Subs: April 17-19 use a coupon to get a free medium sub with the purchase of a full-price medium or large sub, chips and a drink.
- Great American Cookies: Get a free cookies-and-cream cookie at participating locations April 17, while supplies last. There’s a limit of one per customer.
- Hot Dog on a Stick: Get one free original turkey or veggie dog per customer at participating locations April 17.
- Hungry Howie’s: April 15-17 for online carryout orders only, get a one-topping medium pizza for 15 cents with the purchase of a one-topping large pizza at regular menu price. Use code 18TAXDAY.
- Joss & Main: Through April 24, take up to 75% off furniture, decor and more in the Refund Sale.
- Office Depot: Through April 28 use an in-store coupon to get 5 pounds of free document shredding.
- Planet Fitness: April 14 through 21 use a coupon to get a free HydroMassage.
- Potbelly Sandwich Shop: Sign up for Potbelly Perks on the Potbelly app or online to get a free sandwich (the free sandwich offer ends when 75,000 sandwiches have been given away). If you’re already a member, you’ll automatically receive a buy one, get one free sandwich deal in the app to redeem April 17.
- Sears: Through April 21, get an extra 15% off Kenmore and Kenmore Elite products. Offer is valid in stores (exclusions may apply) and online.
- Sonic Drive-In: On April 17, get half-price cheeseburgers.
Check a business’s website, app and social media feeds for full offer details, including coupons and any possible exclusions. Call ahead and check with your local establishment to see if it’s honoring the deal, as many offers are available only at participating locations.