If you’re looking for the best mortgage lenders in Arizona, we’ve done the research. NerdWallet compared the state’s leading lenders, then identified the best ones for a variety of specific loan needs.
Whether you’re shopping for a condo in Phoenix, a classic ranch in Flagstaff or the ideal refinance in Tucson, these lenders are a solid place to start shopping.
Best mortgage lenders in Arizona for first-time home buyers
These lenders have products and services to help Arizona’s first-time home buyers.
- Is the largest FHA lender in the nation
- Offers a full complement of mortgage products for buying and refinancing
- Rocket Mortgage, from Quicken Loans, allows completion of the mortgage process entirely online
- Quicken Loans review
- Offers a full line of purchase mortgages, including FHA and VA loans
- Has low down payment options that don’t require private mortgage insurance
- Available in all 50 states
- CitiMortgage review
Best Arizona mortgage lenders for refinancing
Want to take advantage of your Arizona home’s equity? These lenders have the refinance options you need.
- Offers a variety of refinance loans and home equity loans
- Is rolling out an $80 million technology upgrade
- Gives discounts and reimbursements for certain closing costs to repeat refinance customers
- LoanDepot mortgage review
- One of the largest banks in the world
- Offers a range of products, including fixed, adjustable, jumbo, FHA and VA loans
- Create an account to upload documents, download loan disclosures, e-sign and more
- Bank of America review
Best online mortgage lenders in Arizona
Skip the time-consuming meetings with these digitally savvy Arizona lenders.
- The biggest online mortgage lender in the U.S.
- Automated process imports employment and income data, credit scores, property information and more
- Gives a loan decision in minutes
- Rocket Mortgage review
- Has hundreds of high marks and positive reviews on sites such as the Better Business Bureau, LendingTree and Yelp
- Boasts a more than a 95% customer satisfaction rate
- Provides a digital mortgage platform for both refinance and purchase customers
- Guaranteed Rate review
Best Arizona mortgage lenders for borrowers with weak credit
These Arizona lenders have options to help borrowers overcome a low credit score.
- Uses manual underwriting to evaluate borrowers, which allows more flexibility to approve loans
- Offers a broad range of loans, including FHA, fixed-rate and adjustable rate mortgages; minimum score 580
- Offers multiple down payment assistance and grant programs
- New American Funding review
- Specializes in loans to borrowers with lower credit scores, minimum score 500 in some cases.
- Offers down payment assistance programs through housing authorities in some states.
- Free rate locks.
- Vylla review
Best Arizona mortgage lenders for face-to-face service
These Arizona lenders offer multiple branch locations for a human touch.
- Offers a full range of mortgage products, including conventional, ARMs, jumbo, and government-backed
- Alternative credit sources are considered in some cases
- Borrowers with U.S. Bank Platinum checking accounts may qualify for a $1,000 mortgage fee discount
- U.S. Bank mortgage review
- Offers the full line of refinancing products you’d expect from a megabank
- Minimum credit score of 620
- Offers a 3% down payment option for borrowers with a credit score of 680 or better
- Chase Mortgage review
Best Arizona mortgage lenders: summary
- Quicken Loans: First-time home buyers
- CitiMortgage: First-time home buyers
- LoanDepot: Refinancing
- Bank of America: Refinancing
- Rocket Mortgage: Online experience
- Guaranteed Rate: Online experience
- New American Funding: Low credit scores
- Vylla: Low credit scores
- U.S. Bank: Face-to-face service
- Chase: Face-to-face service