Buying a house in Denver raises some “Mile High” questions. Should you live in Jefferson Park so Broncos games are just a hop, skip and a jump away, or Stapleton so getting to Denver International Airport is a breeze? Should you buy new construction or an existing house? And most importantly, which Denver mortgage lender should you choose?
While you’re contemplating the best neighborhood or type of house, NerdWallet compared Denver’s leading mortgage lenders — big national brands along with smaller hometown options — to identify the best ones for a variety of borrower preferences.
NerdWallet’s best Denver mortgage lenders
These Denver mortgage lenders have been reviewed by NerdWallet and are among the city’s highest-volume mortgage companies, according to the latest available data.
Ideal for those who appreciate the full-service experience of a leading regional bank. Flagstar offers a full menu of fixed and adjustable home loans and mortgage refinancing, as well as jumbo loans and home equity financing.
Ideal for borrowers who are looking to apply for a mortgage and manage the process through online tools, whether buying or refinancing. Guaranteed Rate offers FHA, VA and USDA loans for borrowers who meet robust guidelines.
Ideal for borrowers who want lots of options and a quick turn time. Fairway Independent Mortgage offers a full selection of home loans along with a comprehensive mobile app for a fast and easy application process.
Ideal for borrowers who prefer a traditional bank. Bank of America offers a wide array of mortgages and online account management tools. It also has first-time home buyer loans with low down payments and no mandatory mortgage insurance.
Ideal for first-time home buyers who want to talk to a loan officer in person or on the phone, and for homeowners who want to refinance their mortgages in 60 days or less. Chase offers a full line of mortgage products and account management tools.
Local mortgage lenders in Denver
The following lenders have not been reviewed by NerdWallet. However, these companies originated a significant number of mortgages in Denver and are popular among the city’s home loan shoppers.
Check them out if you want to include some local options in your search for a mortgage lender.
- Employs salary-based mortgage consultants.
- Offers Colorado first-time home buyer (CHFA) loans and down payment assistance.
- Has a bank statement loan program for self-employed borrowers.
- Has only one branch located in Aurora, Colorado.
- In business since 1986.
- Offers specialty loans for first-time home buyers, Native Americans and union members.
- Finances new construction and renovations.
- Has more than 20 branch locations in Colorado.
- Does not require personal information for customized rate quotes online.
- Offers first-time home buyer loans with low closing costs and down payment assistance.
- Offers construction and lot loans.
- Has many branch locations throughout Colorado.
- Offers a wide variety of loans, including FHA, VA, USDA and jumbo.
- Has a no-closing-cost option for conforming loans.
- Displays interest rates online for all its mortgage products, but they’re not customized.
- Has more than a dozen branch locations in Colorado.
Best Denver Mortgage Lenders: Summary
- Guild Mortgage: Best for first-time home buyers.
- Flagstar Bank: Best for first-time home buyers.
- LoanDepot: Best for an online mortgage experience.
- Guaranteed Rate: Best for an online mortgage experience.
- Caliber Home Loans: Best for veterans.
- USAA: Best for veterans.
- Quicken Loans: Best nonbank option.
- Fairway Independent Mortgage: Best nonbank option.
- Bank of America: Best for existing customers.
- Chase Mortgage: Best for existing customers.
- American Financing: Top local mortgage lender in Denver.
- Cherry Creek Mortgage: Top local mortgage lender in Denver.
- FirstBank: Top local mortgage lender in Denver.
- Elevations Credit Union: Top local mortgage lender in Denver.
More from NerdWallet